Monday, November 5, 2007

Curry Pasta



So , last week when I sat in the Old Spaghetti Factory and indulged in some tortellini and alfredo I couldn't but wonder how I would rather prefer my own "anything goes" recipe.
Curry Pasta
What you need to serve 2:
Sauce:
500 gms of diced chicken
1 tin of tomato paste
1 tin of coconut milk
4 finely diced garlic pods
1 teaspoon chilli powder /cayenne pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
3 pods cardamom
Pasta:
about 150 gms of pasta of your choice ( I cooked with penne)
How to cook it:
-Fill a large boiling pot with water and bring it to a boil.
-Turn the heat down to medium and add the pasta so that the water completely immerses it.Add 1tablespoon of salt.
-After 20 minutes or so test the softness of the pasta(it shouldn't be chewy but shouldn't be falling apart either)
-Drain the water and then add a dash of olive oil to the pasta and give it a toss so that the olive oil coats each piece.
-Now for the sauce , saute the garlic in olive oil over medium heat till it browns, then add the nutmeg and cinnamon and the chicken.
-once the chicken whitens and caramalizes a bit , add the chilli powder , salt and black pepper to taste , tomato paste and coconut milk and saute the mixture for about 10 minutes.
-Finally add a pinch of garam masala and some chopped cilantro.
Serving options:
-Create a base from the penne and spoon the sauce on top . Garnish with spring onions and shredded mozarella.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

MF!!

This sounds so good!! You have to make this for me and my roomie when you come back ..

M.

Unknown said...

Ah! Very nice. Both the post and the first comment.

Reeta Skeeter said...

I would like to taste this for sure... Can I have some? Mujhe bhuk lag gayi... Gawddd...This is the second time I am reading a post on food on an empty(almost) stomach :(

Reeta Skeeter said...

no post no replies :|

Reeta Skeeter said...

Will there be no more posts here?!