Friday, October 19, 2007

Food and Love

"Do you like Butter Chicken? " Not a question many guys will ask the girl they are dating within the first week. When I asked that question to M she discerned the intensity in my words and while trying her best to curb a flurry of giggles she looked at me with those soft eyes said 'yes'. For me that 'yes' was right up there with the big "yes" that would come four years later. Not so much for the fact that she liked my most ultimately favorite dish, but because I knew then that she understood my passion for food and one hurdle had crossed between us being completely made for each other!

Love grows in funny ways, and when you look under the exterior structure of sights , sounds and smells you discover the foundation built on common passions! The continuing forums on which you can keep on conversing and participating all your life. Not a surprise then that one of those forums for me and M has turned out to be food! From trying out each other recipes to fighting over who is going to cook the next meal , we have done it all. All those amazing places that we have eaten out at wouldn't be that amazing if M wasn't there to share my critique and drink in the ambiance.

Yesterday we celebrated 5 years to the day we went from being just friends to oh-my-god we are dating! And though M wasn't there with me on that day , I finished my day by trying to perfect the recipe for Chicken Marsala which I plan to cook for her next time we are together.

Hey, if food and love were not made for each other I wonder if I would bother cooking!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

ME First!!
What a delicious post!!
M loves you.

Unknown said...

Arre yaar...yeh MF game to blog blog mein mash-hur ho raha hain! Good hain.
Wonderful post, Shardul.

Reeta Skeeter said...

@woodsmoke: MF mera bhi fave game hai :D
@twisted gourmet: I love the name btw :P and yeah...kya baat keh di...If love and food were not made for each other.... janaab...kamaal!

Reeta Skeeter said...

:D Thanks for blogrolling moi. mmm it is Delhi Foodies' Zone and not Foodie's can you pliss correct that? and udaptes?!

Anonymous said...

well well well... if it isint my fellow WA smoker =)
5 years huh.. cookin chicken all alone at home.. nobody to change the state of mind with.. lol. carry on carry on.. hehe.. congrats dude.. n stay away from those confusing mental Walmart trips.

Reeta Skeeter said...

Main ye last line "if food and love were not made for each other I wonder if I would bother cooking" use kar lun apne gtalk pe? Pliss?
Bahut hi sahi kaha. You rock!

Reeta Skeeter said...

I will O'course quote you :P

Reeta Skeeter said...

Danke! Jaldi jaldi update kara karo busy boy :P

Anonymous said...

:) I identify with this completely! And of course, Reeta has mentioned it enough times, the last line is just unbelievably perfect.

The Twisted Gourmet said...

Thanks everyone for leaving a comment! Its a good feeling when your words inspire others especially when those words come out of a spontaneous chain of thought. Which goes to show that mere thoughts cannot be underestimated.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.